View Single Post
Old 07-22-2002, 04:57 PM
Guru

Not at all, Crystal.
What I showed you was the route I took to get to a certain level. I point out learned pit-falls as I have experienced them. I'm trying to instill in all of you the realization that you are artists, for whatever meaning that term has for you. Take your signature line for instance. "Thinking outside the box" has a certain conotation to it...meaning... for one thing...you don't approach problems like the mainstream population does....it means you're flexible....open to a "new" way....willing to explore.
YOU choose your way or approach to what you want to accomplish....I'm just a guide....a springboard....firestarter!!
Take what you need and build from there. If it means using stencils, aids, etc.,...so be it! I'm "saying"...find what works for YOU! Believe me...there is no "one" way!

If this helps clear my intent for you...let me know...otherwise we can elaborate more. It's an interresting question that could get "deep" quick! I would add...consider the motivating reason that inspires you to begin..then build from there.

Tim