View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 08:35 AM
Guru

Jim the only wheel I have (small wheel anyway) is the 1/2 in with rubber on it, when the bearing broke honest at first I didn't realise you could replace the bearings so I was looking at that site that has the ones without rubber, then I realized I could just replace the bearing I decided to just do that. But of course AFTER looking now I want a couple more LOL I would like one that is around 1 or 1 and 1/4 in but also 1/4. I have been seeing posts lately about guys using electrical tape on some wheels, not on small wheels I think one was on a big contact wheel and one on a tracking wheel maybe? so I thought about maybe that would work. I realize it probilly wouldn't be the most durable. BUt then I thought maybe if you put some CA glue on te adheasive of the tape maybe it would hold on and be a lil more durable ....either way I ordered the bearings and should have them today or in the morning the latest.....lets hope for today Does any one have opinion on the tape idea????

Also jim I told you you asked me for a test knife in return for the sheath and as long as you give my your opinion on the HT (wich I think I may know what you think lol) that knife is yours, if I had plans to sell it...well first I wouldn't of sent it to you for testing if I was planning on selling, but I also would of spent a lot more time on the finish, I finished it very quick with a medium scoth brite belt. I am curious as to how you re finished email me pics, That handle material is very very cool I like the idea of wood laminated with g10 but I tink red orange black and wood is just to much I would of been happy with red and wood or black and wood, I am taking a trip to the place where I got it next week and grab a different ccolor pattern. I THINK there is only 3 or 4 different color patters (at least that's all there was a month ago when I went there last) but its still a new materil I was assured more colors will be coming sood.

As far as the HT Thank you s35vn and 440c I have spent ALOT of time experimenting on the HT.....I am still working on 154cm but I am getting very very close. And your right Ray did teach me well BUT so did everyone else here (that includes you jim) when I looked at the spec sheet and talked to ray about it he told me the best way about it was first into oil then out and hung in a piece of vent pipe with a slot in it and spray air in the slot, So I tried that I also tried straight oil, plain plate quench and plate quench with air.....guess what...........YES ray was right AGAIN. the oil and air in a pie worked the best I still played with temp and time at temp for a bit tho