View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 09:33 AM
Skilled

Roger Massey is a superb bladesmith and a just a super guy. That stag and damscus bowie had one of the tightest ladder patterns I have ever seen.

You really have to see one of J.W. Randall?s mosaic damscus pieces up close to appreciate it. The minute details that he is able to craft in steel are a joy to behold. Here is J.W. with his delightful wife Tammy in the background:

The ?Honey Bee? folder shown below was another show favorite of mine:

Sean McIntyre Newly Minted Journeyman Smith

Sean had me crying over my empty pockets with his excellent selection of bowies.

The top knife in this photo in particular broke my heart ? lots of lovely smoky whispy tendrils flowing from the hamon. You can?t see them in the pic, but they?re there. Trust me.

Of course, all the tempting bladeware was not on the tables of makers. Custom knife dealers Les Robertson and Bob Neal had a truly drool-worthy selection of blades on their tables.

And finally, my partners in crime ? two rabid, um, I mean, avid knife enthusiasts Peter Gill (far left) and Stephen Foster (far right), flanking Steve Dunn. Steve is holding a truly gorgeous engraved stag bowie that now belongs to a VERY happy Stephen Foster:

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed the review.

Roger Pinnock

? Part 5 of 5

Last edited by RogerP; 06-05-2005 at 12:14 PM.