View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 10:20 PM

Ok...once again. I have not, and it was not, the intention to impune TKS. I have not "screamed to the world", as TexasJack put it, that no person should ever use TKS to harden their knives. If you like them, fine. My knife was not tested until it was complete, handle and bolsters included. My mistake. I can not send it off to TKS to have it treated again. It has mesquite handles and nickel-silver bolsters on it. If I knew how to post a picture, I would do it. Next time I will have my Dad test it before I complete the knife. He has worked in the aerospace industry for more than 38 years. He knows what he is doing. As I posted originally, he could not believe the numbers the tester was showing. There is a testing rod that is tethered to the machine at Bell Helicoptor where he currently works. It is a known hardness, 65 I think he said. He tested it. It came out right on the money. I would imagine that Bell Helicoptor has some pretty accurate equipment. More so than the average shop. I agree with your point fitzo, I will call them to let them know what happened. Maybe it can be prevented from happening to someone else. In hind-sight, maybe the title of my thread should have read: Where can I get my S90V and S30V blades heat treated properly.