View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 05:55 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpitt417 View Post

WNC - I would like more info on your overhead dust unit if you have any. I am not familiar but would be interested.
What I have overhead is similar to what Ed has shown, though much smaller. Homemade plywood box with an open back the size of your hvac filters, figure a way to secure the filters. I see Ed uses several layers, good idea. I have a small squirrel cage motor inside and of course, an opening on the front for the filtered air to blow out of the box.
My motor came from a bench top jewelry dust collector as did my filters which aren't hvac filters but were made specific for jewelry dust. Fiber type filter with a sticky substance on one side.
There are several commercial collectors available made for woodworking. Jet makes one which has various speeds and a remote control. They aren't cheap.

It's one thing with grindings and filings, that's nasty enough. But it is a real eye opener to see how much airborne stuff gets collected in these filters, which are overhead and just filtering the air. And even still how dirty the respirator filters get.
Kind of alarming.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!!