View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Founding Member / Moderator

Very well done, Nathan! Persoanally, I can barely scratch the surface trying to address the very salient points that you made in that post. Briefly, I would say that if we are successful at coming up with definitions in this thread then perhaps, over time, other makers may decide to change the way their knives are described and advertised.

As for putting your name on a knife that you may not have made, I would like to leave that very valid discussion for another thread. If this thread is successful, I do plan to address that issue and one other issue in threads similar to this one.

For now, I would like to be very focused on these definitions. These are actually some fairly huge issues we are discussing, so big in fact that we could easily be overwhelmed by the enormous detail they can engender. To be successful in this venture, I think it will be necessary to stay tightly focused on creating these definitions and I think we should that one term at a time.

If we solve the little problems one at a time then, one day, we'll discover that the big problem solved itself...

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!