View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Founding Member / Moderator

Thumbs up A very, VERY simple Newbies chat room!

We meet at 5pm Pacific (8pm Eastern) every Sunday night in our online Chat Room. We can meet any other time if you request it. Also, this room does not require my presence in order for it to be open. That means any of you can go there at any time you wish and chat with anyone who may be there. This chat room is not public so only members of KNET should be aware of it.

At the moment, there is no password required, just use your name or your KNET ID.

There is a Poll on this thread. Use it to vote for which day of the week is best for you to go online and talk knives. Choose more than one day if you want to. Whatever days(s) we choose I'll try to have the room open from about 2 pm to 7 pm Pacific (5 pm to 10 pm Eastern) so you can drop in any time in that range. We used to have a blast doing this some years ago so don't be shy, give it a try!

There are two ways to get to the Chat Room. The simplest is to go to http://www.rayrogers.com/chat/chat.htm If JAVA is running on your computer you should be able to sign in using only your name and be in the Chat Room. But, this webpage does rely on JAVA and JAVA changes their rules from time to time and the page may stop working (as recently happened). For that reason, there is a second way to get to the Chat room.

You will need a tiny Windows software program that I will email to you. I will configure it for you, all you need to do is rename the file and unzip it. Email your request for the software to me at knives@rayrogers.com and be sure to include your full name in the request.

If you are using something other than a PC, or even on a PC if you wish, you can Google for software that allows you to access IRC. Free programs are available for PC, MAC, iOS, Android. If you are fairly computer savvy you can configure these programs to connect to server irc.ircstorm.net and then go into the chat room on channel #KNET If you can do that you will be in the same place we always hang out. This type of program, called IRC chat, is available for any type of computer - PC, Mac, tablet, or phone.

PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL SUNDAY NIGHT TO REQUEST THIS SOFTWARE! I'm busy Sunday nights - I'm talking about knives in the Chat Room!!

If you need help then call out....

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Last edited by Ray Rogers; 04-28-2014 at 09:33 AM.