View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 08:08 AM

Jeff:

Very sorry for the delay in responding to you! I automatically receive e-mail notification with content of KN posts and for some reason it seems I'm not getting all of them. When Bob and Donna posted pics of their 7-5 I checked the forum to see the pics and then saw your post. Anyway, thanks very much for the compliment on my knife! I thnk your oldest leather handled one is early 50's (just after the shop eliminated the "blade flat"). I say that because of the deep choil cut and the really thick black spacer. The sheath you have paired with it seems to be mid or late 50's because of the narrow stone pocket flap. The 2nd leather handled one I put mid 60's because of the very shallow choil cut. Your 7 spacer stag I put after '58 to early 60's because of no pin and the deep short choil (Don't remember seeing one that "short" before!). The 5 spacer stag I put mid 70's. Now the usual disclaimer: These are all "best guesses" as there were exceptions to ALL the "rules".

Bob / Donna:

That is ONE KILLER KNIFE! I remember when it 1st showed up on e-bay. The darned thing even had the original Abercrombie and Fitch box with it! The bids went too high for me at the time, the knife never hit reserve and it didn't show on e-bay again. The maybe a year later I was checking Perry's site and there it was at what I though was a very reasonable price. My heart skipped a beat when I saw that it had been sold. Timing is sometimes everything when it comes to acquiring Randall knives. Congratulations on one of the nicest pin stags I have ever seen.

Best,

Ron