View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Guru

Ok well since I have now figured out the bearing flipper knife. I had a hard time getting them to open like they should on the first couple. But now I am getting them to open as easily and as quick as any spring assisted knife I have owned. So I am in the process of making 2 more of a design I have done one of (one will be for me to carry and one for my mother) anyway I have 2 more designs that will follow those. I am planning on getting a few done in the next couple weeks. mainly these designs are everyday carry, semi tactical flippers. That is what the steel will mostly be used for. I probilly wont be making any biger fixed blades with any of this steel. Mainly cause I wont have time. I know as far as my local stuff I can get rid of the folders quicker right now. And I have another series of side projects starting very soon. So I narrowed down to those 3 because 1 AEB-L I have heard is very easy to sharpen and holds its edge very good wich is what I am looking for. I have been using a lot of s35vn and it holds it edge great but takes a bit to get it really sharp. Second CTS-XHP honestly it was very strongly recommended by another maker. Samurai he said similar to what you said about being a improved 440c but he said it also finishes ALOT better. Third Nitro V...PURE curiosity seen its new on njsteel and for the price if it lives up to their description should be a good deal.