View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
TiConnector is the ONLY place to purchase folder hardware. The reason? Because all the others are made in China, and the tolerances will drive you nuts! I used the made in China for a long time, and EVERY folder I built was a battle....have to fiddle and fiddle with it to get everything "right".

When I finally started using the hardware from TiConnector, for a lack of a better way to say it, my folders just fell together, right, the first time, every time.

I've been the TiConnector shop many times, and EACH piece of hardware produced, is check/measured by hand, and they constantly shoot for a zero tolerance..... I would say that about only one out of every 3 pieces created ever make it to the "for sale" bin. If things are out of tolerance by 1/1000, it gets tossed into the trash bin.

By comparison, most of the made in China stuff is +/- five thousandths or more tolerance. Often times the heads of made in China screws are not concentric, and/or many other aspects that just make them "junk" compared to TiConnector hardware.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."