View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 11:12 AM
Guru

Rickoo, I called the RPS number, no answer.

So I do not know how much that basic machine cost. But would suggest you look into the cost of
1st a 1 hp totally enclosed Fan cooled motor, TEFC.
2nd check how much those drive wheels, contact, idler and tracking wheels cost.

I wouldn't put less than 1 hp on it, a 3/4 would work, but it's hardly cheaper than a 1 hp TEFC. Why is a TEFC motor important? You've never seen a 2 hp square wheel grinder blow up have you? It is spectacular unless you're standing next to it, mostly they just throw off a few sparks and burnout from metal chips. No open motor on a metal grinder unless you do not care how long it lasts.

I only mentioned the Russian one as the Grizzly is just under $600 and read its reviews on Amazon. Too many of them have tracking problems that even experienced guys have trouble getting rid of completely. Maybe they have fixed that. The Grizzly's metric, but I do not see a problem with that anymore. Finding metric bearings isn't a hassle like it used to be or shafts. Every single one of my foreign made machines and even one US made Delta sander are metric. I have metric taps and dies.

As for the Russian made one go click on the link now, shipping is free to USA now and the machines are cheaper. They have the roller kits and supplies to build your own now. $819 for a 2 hp variable drive motor, 240 volts. I would like to meet someone who has used one and hear what they say, but they do not look cheap in anyway other than Russians get paid less than 1/2 of what we do. They are supposed to call me back. I guess they have a distributer in the US.