Thread: My Lumber yard
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 06:03 PM
Guru

PoolQ at #4 I am like that.

I collect knife stuff, I made knives when I worked at a machine shop and had an oven and grinders . Had a lot of D2 and O1, plus some occasional 440C and that horrible stellite (you can't grind it by hand). Have a ton of 1070, now axes. I still have about 14 blades from back then. I have some old Nicholson files, one 1/8" thick which will become the bird and trout KITH. I have wood and O1 going back to the 90s plus a few kit knives I bought at Jantz when I drove by. I prefer exotic woods for knives and have some really nice pieces. All I need now is the penile bone of a walrus, oosic.lol I don't make a lot of knives as I live in an apt. and have my grinder (1x42+8" disc) on a heavy duty cart, but I just found a 2x48 grinder with a 3/4 HP motor for $262 so I'm buying it.

Anybody work with zebra bone btw?
What is the white stuff by the way PoolQ?

Oh and I am getting better and better at leatherwork and have two more orders for purses after they looked at my sheaths. I didn't have the heart to tell them they are two totally different things, but I've made purses before. Just keep it simple and the ladies like lots of fringe and a phone pocket. It's the sewing that gets me, so I charge what I think is too much and they say OK. Women, go figure?

Last edited by jimmontg; 01-20-2017 at 07:12 PM.