View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Craft
I am liking this deisgn the more I see of it.
I have got to ask a question that is bugging me. In the last pic where you have the one with the motor setting beside the one that doesn't have a motor. The one with the motor on it, isn't the locking lever for the work slide in backwards or should I say on the wrong side?
Also the clamps did you have to modify them to work for this application?
Where did you get them?

In one of the pics of the clamps I thought I saw what looked like a blueprint. Is there plans for this grinder build?
Actually, I can see why you would think it looks like it's on the wrong side. I modified my grinders to use a 5/8" X 1-1/4" machined tool arm. I did this because the square tool arm would not work for my application. If you look at some of the earlier pics, you'll see what I mean. Here is a picture showing the tool arm channel.

The clamps I purchased from eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/302F-Straight-Li...3286.m20.l1116 I did not have to modify them to work. The toggle clamp mounts were built specifically for this toggle clamp. The blueprint you see is for that particular toggle clamp, I downloaded it before the clamps arrived so I could prepare the mount plates and lay-out how I would mount it. There are no blueprints for this grinder, but I would be happy to supply measurements for it if someone would like to build it.

Thank you for the compliments everyone, it helps drive me to complete them. I'm looking forward to sending them out for powdercoating!

Connor