View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 06:16 AM

SQ - not to worry, when you get to my age AARP will constantly send you notifications that your memory is going. Want to really get "tested"....start teaching little kids how to forge (anything). They can ask you stuff that never crossed your mind, but all good 'cause they will make you a better smith.

Hey Jim, if you check deep enough you will see that with basic knives there are no "new" designs. Being the second oldest tool known to man.....someone has done it before, usually over and over and over. Actually there is a stone blade estimated at 700 - 800 years old in a museum in Bentonville, ARK that has a remarkable resemblance to SQ's above, just with a bone handle. Good working designs are repeated a lot more than bad designs.
It's kind of like that bozo that claimed he had a patent on basic "damascus" steel a few years back. He was claiming something to the affect that everyone was copying his process to weld layers of steel together to make knife blades. Yeah, was a good laugh for all. I'd imagine most all makers here, would not have any problems with "copy" issues. You are surely welcome to reproduce any of my pirated stylings.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H