View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 10:49 AM

HI again! An update on my CRKT Dogfish prob:

(1) I wrote CRKT, who said they had no fixes for me but to send them the sheath -- I assume for replacemt if they have a tighter sheath.

(2) There would seem to be at least one great solution, to heat the Kydex & pinch the sheath a little on either side of the knife entrance way. But I've never messed with Kydex & I don't want to make things worse.

(3) I did try cutting a small fold of 4 layers of duck-tape for insertion just inside the entrance & that worked but felt kinda mushy.

(4) I also tried putting 2 square magnets from Radio Shack on each side of the sheath & doing a wrap to hold them in place. This works great, but the sheath is now much, much heavier & bulkier. If I come across any smaller magnets (round would be better) I may try glueing them directly to the sheath & removing the bulky wrapping.

(5) I'll probably send the sheath back to CRKT to see if they can find a tighter one.

This is only my 2nd fixed blade neck knife - I collect folders - so maybe I'm expecting too much. My first was a Benchmade Activator - way cool - which cost significantly more than the Dogfish.

But I wanted the Dogfish to try my first wrap on. (My handle wrap looks & feels great.) So the sheath is, in this case, really of secondary interest. I always carry my knives in belt pouches anyway.

So, can anyone recommend a good knife that I can wrap that's light, not too expensive, & has a blade length of less than 3 inches? And how bout a neck sheath for small folders?
--Thanks, Donald from Memphis.