View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

When I saw your initial questions pop up on the preview, I was almost offended that you would ask such a question. Then I read the rest of your piece. Interesting observations. We certainly have had some of the "nasty types" crop up from time to time, but there are so many real experts on this forum that the fakes run off like roaches when the lights go on.

I suspect that most on this forum look at other forums or belong to those where they share interest. It's like a conversation with one group of friends versus another. They have their strong and weak points. Some of the guys here have an amazing sense of humor. Some are good at discussing points of view - as debate and not as mud-slinging. Some bring radically diverse ideas - from art to science. But what is probably the best thing about this forum is that the best and brightest are so willing to share their talents with the rest of us. Like some old-time craftsmen passing their knowledge along. And nearly all of those who hang out here are the type of folks that desire to improve and expand. That includes "newbies" and experts alike.

It's a fun place to hang out.