View Single Post
Old 10-19-2003, 10:54 PM
Skilled

Newbie perspective

For the past week or so I have been reading intently about the IITH/KITH. It sure has my interest peaked as I didnt even know things like this exisited. To be ivolved in something like a kith would be a great thing and I have to echo what others have said; in my opinion it would be great to recieve anything knowing that whoever made it gave there all and the best they currently have to make it. As well as giving your all in the knife you are giving away.

What makes something like this even greater is the fact that the group involved in it welcomes any level of maker. From newbie to seasoned maker. Also any type of maker from guys/gals who forge to stock removal or primative makers. Regardless of if you guys and galls know it or not there is a spirit here and it is a good one. Just from my own experiences on the ckd i know I am better just having been here reading all of your posts and seeing what you all can do and how accomadating you have been to me and any newbie who arrives on the scene.

With all that said I can also see how the newbie like myself could be intimidated by a Kith. THere are so many quality names on the list and you always want to bring your best to the table! I am considering throwing my name in the ring as it appears I would be welcome and it is the conversations started by dana's post that got me thinking of trying it in the first place as well as all of your replies to that post.

I do want to thank all with your posts in this thread you sure make a newbie feel welcome and right at home. Keep the spirit alive.

Thanks

Ross