Thread: knife blank
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 06:21 PM
Guru

AHA! JIM but he didn't ask the cheapest way he asked for the best.....MAYBE the answer would be FIRST a metal cutting band saw, Then a $1500 KMG grinder with another $800 bucks worth of accessories OH AND DONT FORGET THE BELTS!!!! And then (a tip I took from you jim) Some diamond paste on sand paper for the finish! Well that's the best for me anyway LOL I got very lucky that I got that kmg grinder very early on. I never made a blade with files....we all know I am extremely impatient (probilly my addictive personality at work) to me files were way to slow, like rubbing sticks togather to make a fire when you can go to the gas station and get a lighter. I did make about 10 blades using a angle grinder to cut the basic shape and the a 4x36 belt grinder (the one with a disc on the side) Lets just say my fingers were not very happy! Some guys I have seen (jim maybe your one???) are like a surgeon with a angle grinder NOT ME I can cut out shapes and that's pretty much as far as I get with one of them......There are MANY ways to skin a cat and even MORE ways to make a knife....my advice Get the best equipment you can and figure out what is combfortable for YOU! you cant really do much more than that

Jim take your time I cant wait to see it but no rush