View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 11:02 AM
Guru

I agree, I started this whole hobby (and hopefully soon a good buissness) because it was something I really enjoyed, as most do, every one should keep true to what makes THEM happy...to me I enjoy knife making I don't look at it as being a job even when I am making blades to sell but (and maybe this is because I haven't done it much to learn enough) for me forging a knife is a lot of work and for me it turns it into a JOB at that point I am not enjoying it as much and I feel like I am doing ALOT of extrawork. that is why I don't do it. However another maker I meet with some times as he lives close is the exact opisate he forges every blade he makes and trust me we have had many conversations over wich is better and he was very surprised how well some of my blades perform... but he forges because he enjoys it he settles in and goes at it he enjoys the traditional aspect of forging knives...so again in my opinion every one should stay true to what they enjoy and what they think works...that's how we get so many different styles and so many different knives out there and I think variety and the enjoyment is what keeps this skill alive