View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Founding Member / Moderator

It isn't audio only, you can simply type whatever you want to say. Of course, if you don't have speakers you'll only know whatever anyone decides to type. In the past, what actually happens is that there are usually several conversations going on at once. A few people are talking while everyone else types their comments which are sometimes on the subject being talked about and sometimes on completely different subjects.

Based on the poll, I will first open up the chat room on Fri, Sat and Sunday this next weekend. The poll says that Sunday is by far the most preferred day but the other two days follow close behind. I will personally set it up each day and see what the turn out looks like. Subsequent weeks I may only do it on Sunday, depending on the turn out. I will also be happy to do it on any week day if you ask even if only one or two people are interested at that time.

There really isn't much that you should need a techie for, but if you do, I'm about as much a computer tech s most. The software is already on my website, nothing for you to do there except register by choosing a name and password. Since you are the only one who can actually see your computer you'll just have to look at it and find the place to plug in a mic if one isn't built in. A laptop would probably have a built in mic, towers and desk tops probably wouldn't. Any computer sold in the last 20 years has a built in speaker so that shouldn't be an issue.

Video cameras are supported but not required. Frankly, I doubt we could use them because they take a lot of band width. But, if anyone wants to turn on a camera for a minute just to show a knife or let us see what they look like that should be possible...

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!