Thread: First Knives
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 03:01 AM
Guru

Yes Ray, but it is not an adjustable platen. I would send it back except they accidently sent me a bigger motor. The roller wheels are attached to the platen. It is only good for flat grinding. There is no option for slack belt grinding. I have my 1x42 for that so no big deal. No the Dayton is built like a tank and there are no tracking problems like with the Grizzly. I put the belt on it came with and it does not wobble at all.

It is a great grinder for the money but is not adjustable. I cannot recommend it to a newbie. I know how to modify it with my metal fab experience. But it is what it is. No hollow grind capability and the platen is 2.5" wide when it should be 2" wide. It is great for flat grinds, but no flexibility. Plus I got it on sale with no shipping costs for 100 lbs. $230 for a 1 hp tefc motor by accident, was supposed to be 3/4 hp. I will modify it for a minimal cost, but again I cannot recommend for a newbie. It is a ripper grinder, but has its limitations just so you know.