Thread: Etching
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 01:26 PM
Guru

Thanks guys, Ray I thought its not a good idea to buff a Damascus blade? is that different with stainless... I did follow what he did maybe I missed the buff? I even sent him a email and he said to help me he needs a picture. Wich I cant find the stupid wire that connects the camera to the laptop.....always something with this camera but hey started keeping it in the gun cabinet so my sis cant steel it any more lol

WNC GOATER.... radio shak ferric is what I get too....The real reason I got the stainless Damascus was for use in folders. With a folder you cant just wipe all of the blade dry without takig it apart so I think carbon would rust on the parts under the handle....eventually anyway. Yeh your right about the san mia stuff I met ed caffery at the blade show and that is what he did to keep the stainless part under the handle and they were great looking. I am getting a press soon so I may try to play with it but still want to take a run at what I got....

I just read a post on anther forum and this kid posted a pic of a knife.....etched with 1 gal. of coffee....it was carbon but its one of the pieces I have seen that has the most contrast to it anyone try this