View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 09:51 AM
Guru

I do one of 2 things...First I wil print it out on paper (I always print a extra as I will use one and then I have the 2nd if I need to copy more) I simply cut it out and use super glue and glue it to the steel. You need a good super glue other wise the heat will make it come off the best I have found is called MAX 1 glue just do a search for "max 1 super glue" now I will use that first. IF its a design I will be repeating I will do as ray suggested I will use the paper glue it onto sheet metal cut and grind it out. So then you have a template in sheet metal. I simply use the sheet metal in the same way I glue it to the steel or to titanium (for folder liners) cut and grind. Again if you don't have good super glue it will come off to early. once you grind them even. The easiest way to separate the sheet metal from the blade steel or titanium is to take a razor blade and find a part on the edge that you can just barely get the edge of the blade between and take a tapping hammer and tap the razor in between the 2 and it separates.....95% of the time you will find a spot the razor can get into because the heat at the edge of the grinding burns enough of the glue for the razor to fit.....IF you cant finds a spot simply heat them up slowly with a heat gun or torch and the glue will give and come apart once it gets heated enough. Works great for me but the most important thing is the glue a lot of the glues in hardware stores wont work that good...loctitie is OK but again that MAX1 glue is the best I have found very very rarely will a piece separate prematurely other glues I have used is a 50-50 shot Loctite is 75-25 works for me tho