View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 07:57 AM
Guru

thanks jim, both of these had titanium liners, I did order some 410 just haven't got it yet I think ill get it Saturday. the first one the titanium was .062 the second much thicker it was .1 I actually like the thicker stuff I talked to a couple makers that make a lot of flippers and one said he uses .098 the other uses .1 the "flipper build video" I got they used .098. I thought it would be really thick but its not that bad gives a lil more room to counter sink screws some guys do use mills to make the pocket for the bearing but I did it with a counter bore worked great, that's another thing that the thicker stuff helps so you can make those pockets all in the liners or all in the blade or a lil with both. from what I have been told is everyone does it slightly different and to play around with it and see what works the best for me IF you use the thinner stuff you have to make the pocket in the blade....once I figure out wich way works best then I might adjust the thickness of the liners the .1 gives me the freedom to play with it a lil.