View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 11:03 AM
Skilled

You could order a riveted "C" sheath for just about any model until the riveted option was discontinued in about 1972. These riveted "C" sheaths were standard on Models 14, 15, 17, 18... But there are examples of riveted "C" sheaths used in most models during this Vietnam-era time period. I have seen several pictures of model 2 riveted "C" sheaths, though not common. (note: I think the 23rd printing of the catalogue in about 1975 was the first to show the riveted sheaths had been discontinued).

This knife seemingly has a separate "S" and a type 3 (post early 1966) blade stamp which probably indicates a late '60s-or possibly a very early '70s date. Gold paracord on the sheath could indicate an early 1970-71 date for package but cords can be replaced. My conclusion is the sheath could be authentic...too bad he does not show a stone, though as with paracords stones are unreliable for dating purpse.

The combination of Delrin handle and the riveted "C" sheath for model 2 (assuming these rivets are original, not added later... pictures are so bad it is difficult to confirm authenticity) makes the package unusual. But not THAT unusual.

Last edited by Jacknola; 01-11-2017 at 04:06 PM.