Thread: harbor 1?30!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 06:43 PM
Steel Addict

Ray is right about the practice. You can't have enough of it! I still have days I struggle after 200+ folders.

One thing people haven't touch on is your method of grinding. You didn't say if your using layout die. If your not, get some! When you starting out as a beginner, you need to know for sure where and how much you need to grind off. You need side profile lines and a set of double lines on the cutting edge to grind too and keep the blade centered. It takes a person that grinds every day to even have a reasonable chance at just picking up a bar and having things turn out right.

Erik

Ps, might fill out your bio a little better. Never know, you might have a knife make right around the corner that would be willing to show you a few tricks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrippin View Post
Wow guys! Just saw all these response haven't been on here in awhile!! I have been busy with my 1 by 30 and have definently caught the bug! In love with this craft! Just finished my first knife today and am pretty stoked on it! Where I want it to be absolutely not.
Couple things I'm strugglimg with
_grinding the bevels to thin before heT treatment.
How do I bring the bevel up high enough with out getting it to thin?
_ have a glass platen what is the best way to apply it?
_ easiest way to put final edge on? What belts?
Thank u guys!
Ty
_