View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 08:15 AM
Steel Addict

Ed, back in the late 70's early 80's I was doing house framing. We were building a lot of houses with steep pitches on the roof.
There was a shoe company, they are out of business now days, and I can't think of the name. Anyway they had a shoe that had super soft sole. They were guaranteed, that the sole and the shoe would not tear up.
The sole was so good I could walk a 12/12 roof pitch with sawdust on the plywood and never have to worry about slipping. The problem was the shoe's sole was glued onto the shoe instead of being sewn on.
The steep pitches and the strain of taking a sheet of decking and turning and throwing it down, quickly took its toll on the glued on sole and I could rip the soles off of them about once a month. I think the best I ever got out of the sole's was two months.
After a year of bring my shoes back and getting free replacements, the salesman tells me I might want to think about another shoe as the company was discontinuing this line!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! Oh, well I rode the pony as long as I could! The soles on those shoes were made of the same thing as the belt cleaners we use nowdays.
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-belt-...&mktRedirect=y

So maybe I will ride the HD pony for a while. You know I think that Lowes has the same guarantee on their Kobalt files. May half to check out some of their files too.

With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down !
If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner!

C Craft