View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 06:12 PM
Skilled

I received an E-mail from a collector who hasn't posted here for 10 years. or so, offering a good picture of the mysterious low-S model 8 with Delrin handle that has appeared often in this line. The collector is Joe Cohn, and the knife is a historically significant Delrin. Some fuzzy pictures of it have been posted several times in this line because it helps take the date of the use of Delrin back into the early '60s. Those fuzzy pictures were borrowed from a group shot taken 10 years ago (see page 1, post #15) which was the only picture I could find on the internet...though I found several written references to this knife. But, beyond historical value, this is a dang fine and unique knife that Joe still owns.

Joe wrote that he acquired this knife in a trade back in 2005 or so. The gentleman he traded had gotten the knife from Rhett Stidham who later dated this knife in an on-line discussion to about 1964, maybe early 1965 at latest. I agree and the blade stamp also says pre-1966. I am so pleased to now have a decent picture of this knife. Thanks to Joe for sending this...
any more comments, history, context would be very welcome.

Last edited by Jacknola; 08-01-2017 at 03:54 PM.