View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 03:23 PM
Registered

Starting tip

Sounds like you have a great dream but with any dream you need to set goals. I would suggest but again it is a suggestion so take it as you would and if I am wrong you can call me out. Get online and buy a cheap knife blank that is complete for everything but a handle. I would recommend a full tang. Get some scales (I don't care if it is crappy pine from HD, a couple files, sand paper, dremel if you have one but don't need it, use nails for your pins. This is how I started with a friend and was hooked. My friend on the other hand didn't and he was the one who got the idea to do this. He was out I think 30 dollars and still had a functional knife. If you like it buy a couple more complete blanks add some handles and sell at city garage sale or to random people, heck craigslist. Once you make some money you can buy your tools and keep growing. Again this a suggestion and how I started. Today I have no debt from my hobby and have a small shop (4'x8' shed) that I go to after work til about midnight. It is not a sprint its a marathon. Good luck.