View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 10:12 AM
Guru

2 weird questions about ferric

Ok guys so first. I had poured a mix of ferric and water in a casserole type dish (SHH don't tell mom LOL) its just that was the only shape dish I was able to fit this long knife in a be submerged completely. So between everything else going on I forgot I left the ferric in the dish and didn't put it back in containers. So I went in the garage today and found it but I guess over the past couple days about half of it had evaporated. So my question is do you think it was just the water evaporating or the acid along with it. A example is salt water you know how if you have salt water and let it evaporate only the water evaporates and your still left with salt If you pour more water on it you have salt water again. Do you think the dissolved ferric would be similar where I could put more water in it and it would bring it back to around about the same dilution before it evaporated or if the acid evaporated with the water and adding more water would just be diluting whats left too much.

So the reason I ask is because I always got this stuff at radio shack. 3 years ago I had 4 radio shacks somewhat near by....3 have closed and I went to the last one left and they are closing too. Apparently somebody got there the day before me a bought all the ferric they have left. So if I can bring this ferric back it would be helpful. My second question would be I know I can order it online. But does any one have any ideas of where to look locally for this ferric since I have no radio shacks any more?