View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Steel Addict

KnifeNetwork vs. Bladeforums

How would you rate one place versus the other?
What features and benefits of the each place do you like?
How do you compare them in general or specifically?

I like Bladeforums because it has many more members and their community forum is more active. On the other side of the same coin, I like KnifeNet because on the whole I read more intelligent posts and more thoughtful replies here - which may or may not be because there are fewer members. I'm not sure, but there is definitely a different beat to each place.

I like the KnifeNet exclusives like the Photo Contests and that this is the electronic home of the NTMs. I also really appreciate the Heat Treating and Metallugry Forum.

I also like the intuitive design and layout of KnifeNet over that of Bladeforums. The Forum Index page here makes me feel like I have an overview of what's going on. Actually, it gives me the feeling of an overhead view like a map does.

Two things I don't like about KnifeNet: Many forums simply go inactive for weeks at a time and I don't see enough stuff in the classified listings.

Two lesser, but still important, things I like about KnifeNet are the compelte absence of two nasty types: The Self-Appointed Expert and the make-believe-special-forces-operative.

Last edited by Sam Wereb; 02-13-2005 at 02:33 PM.