Thread: Blade 2017
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 06:18 PM
Skilled

Maybe we ought to acknowledge the elephant in the room. I think this is the same set of display cases that featured the misleading implication that a certain reconstructed knife was "In the 'forces,' WWII, Korea, Vietnam." Said reconstructed knife was displayed on top of improper Special Forces Green Beret along with a new sheath tooled to represent Special Forces MACVsog in Vietnam....

None of the knives in that display case had any provenance attached that related any of them to one of those wars or to use in the military, any branch, much less Special Forces. Some of them were undoubtedly from the "WWII, Korea, or Vietnam ERA" ... but the implication written on the cards in that case was that all those knives were actually "In the 'forces;'" i.e. carried in the military during those wars. Without some proof that claim is patently misleading.

And now comes the claim about this "early RMK" before-RMK-stamp carving knife. And it seems this isn't the first time a suspect claim has been put forward. I'm thinking of a middle 60s Bowie claimed to be "one of the first made..." among other whoppers. Well, I suppose people can be charitable about this. I'm taking it for what it seems to be ...

It is a shame, a darn shame...

Last edited by Jacknola; 06-12-2017 at 03:49 PM.