View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
I built my own "dust suckers" for the finish shop. When I first moved into this shop I found an old furnace blower/motor..... my shop has a loft/partial ceiling, so I simply cut out an outlet through the loft floor, attached the blower/motor to the ceiling, and then built a plywood box around it, that accepts 16"x25"x1" disposable furnace filters....the dust/air gets sucked through, catching most of the junk on the filters, then recirculates the air throughout the shop.....

The filters simply slide in/out of the sides for cleaning/replacement.....

A few years ago, when I discovered I had some lung issues, I added a second "dust sucker" I had on small, old swamp cooler laying around..... I mounted it in the same manner (through the loft floor), and removed the "hogs hair" and replaced it with stacked disposable furnace filters. I also relocated the controls so I can easily turn it on/off.

Whatever you do for dust collection/air filtration, DO NOT assume that you don't need to be wearing a respirator!! I have lung issues, and after having part of my right lung removed, part of the issues were directly attributed to all the years of dust from the shop! Do all that you can to protect yourself when working in the shop......you won't be "10 feet tall and Bulletproof" forever!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."