View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 03:52 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdale View Post
That's a great looking Knife. I am a huge fan of buckeye, especially if its burled. But I have never seen curly buckeye.

How thick is the handle on this knife? It looks like the scale edges taper to almost nothing
Thanks for the comments Pal. I love buckeye too. First piece of seen with full curl like that. And two-tone to boot!

I roll my scale edges rounded right to the tang. I think it looks better and feels better in the hand. I don't like it when knives have flat spots on the edges of the scales. I shipped this out but it was about 3/8" thick at the front of the scales and about 5/8" at the butt end of the scales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPeterson View Post
Another beauty Mr. Doyle, but your going to have a hard time outdoing that blacked out hunter you posted not long ago. At least in my eyes.
Thanks Man! Yeah no comparison is it? I agree. I got curious long it would take me to make a simple straightforward knife. About a day and a half for this one, start to finish. That includes heat treating tempering and sheath. Not too bad a guess but no speed record.

You have nothing to fear but fear itself...........and bears.