View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 01:47 PM
Enthusiast

Thank you again for your replies. I am glad I checked this yesterday BEFORE I applied the epoxy. I mixed up a little of it and put some on an end wrench, just to check for color match. It looked pretty good. Then I read the above posts. I really did not think of it as being deceptive, using the epoxy to fill the pinhole. I was thinking some people use epoxy on their guards and some solder so it would be OK. I am making this fighter for a person that has put a lot of trust in me and I would not try to deceive him, I would have told him I used the epoxy. It would not have been the best I could do though. I am proud of making these knives by hand and want to keep it that way. Anyway after reading the above I put the epoxy away and burnished. The pinhole went away but I had a low spot in the joint so I used fine sand paper and sanded the entire joint down to the same level. I must say I am much happier with this result. Thanks again. I'd like to attach a picture but I've tried before and couldn't because the file size was too large to attach. Can someone tell me how to resize the picture so I may show the results?