View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Enthusiast

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
One day we went down to Cole's Sporting Goods, in Inglewood and and came home with a brand new 20 ga. Browning Superlight. I so loved that shotgun, but had to sell it when I got to Manti. We needed a finished basement more, as I recall. Never regretted it, but I do miss that beautiful little firearm. Bob was looking out for me, most of the time. I'm sure I earned it, we did work very hard a lot of the time, turning out 20-30 knives in a month at times. bI got a Ruger Red Label, in pert trade for the Browning, which I loved, too, but traded that off to a best friend. Now we have two Rem. 870's, a 12 and a 20 for me and the boys to shoot when we go out shooting clays, which isn't often enough. Just an incident that I had come to mind.
That story puts me in mind on how I got my sweetheart. Also back in the mid 70's, I was in downtown Dallas at Buckhorn trading post. A local gun shop back in those days ( not there anymore) that a friend of mine worked at. I strolled in one day & he said I got a hot deal for you. He went in the back & came back with a Beretta box. He pulled out a Beretta BL-6 o/u 28 ga shotgun with the most beautiful stock that I had ever seen. He snapped it together & handed it to me. It weighed 5 lbs on the button and melted in my hands. He said it was the last one & he would make me a special price.. I took it as fast as I could grap my checkbook. I already had a 20 ga A-5 browning auto that I loved, but this BL-6 was something special. It still is. I would put a for sale sign on my wife before that gun got away from me!!