View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 01:03 PM
Skilled

I've found a 100lb. Fisher for $400 and a 110lb. Haye Budden for $500 obo on Craiglist, both within 3 hours.
Not sure I want to pay quite that.
These two are the more reasonably priced ones I find on CL. Most people seem to think they have a real treasure and I've seen some outrageously "proud" pricing.
I live in a fairly rural area & I know somewhere around here there is one sitting in a barn or apple shed slowly rusting...that someone would like to grab $100 to get rid of it. I have feelers out all over this county.

There is an 1890's era Peter Wright, 162 lbs. @ $850 listed on CL in the Hickory area.

I've checked CL from here to Raleigh and down to Columbia, SC. Even Atlanta area.

The way I would have to be set up would require moving the anvil so I'm pretty limited to 100-120 lbs. I don't need a Peter Wright but don't want to waste money on HF junk either. Nor interested in doing an extensive refurbish or modification. I'm just messing around, not earning a living.

Currently I'm banging on an old 30lb. Fisher I bought from a guy years ago for $10. He had two but I was buying a nice old Craftsman table saw from him also and I was young and broke. Now I'm older... and still broke.

I pm my email & thanks in advance Carl.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!!