View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 09:37 AM
Guru

I don't know if any of you guys have seen it. I saw this awhile back somewhere and have no clue where I saw it but I am curious if any one else has seen something similar. bassicly this guy made a surface grinder attachment for a KMG...in the video it seemed to work ok but I am sure it took a ton of work and adjustments to get it right... but if I remember right you know how the small wheel attachment the belt forms the shape of a wide V around that small wheel but there is a attachment that involves another wheel that makes that V tighter so it can get into small areas with out having the slack around it mess things up...well this surface grinder attachment used the same kinda thing he had a much smaller wheel where the big wheel would go probilly a 4in or some where around there but used another small wheel that would pull the slack up and out of the way...then it was just a simple cross slide table (I am sure a cross slide vise could be substituted) under the wheel. I hope I am kinda explaining this right I really wish I could find the video ill look a lil more and post it if I can find it...but I am trying to explain from what I remember in my head (wich I am sure all of you know by now doesn't like cooperating with me all the time) but I saw this over 6 months ago so my memory is a lil fuzzy.....I am sure with enough head aches and adjusting this can be made to work pretty good but is it worth the effort? anyone seen this?