View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 09:58 PM

While I find myself spending more time over in the Blade Forums than I did a couple of years ago, I still prefer my time here. There is clearly a different attitude...I might say more serious, but that might imply that there's no humor to found here and that's definitely not the case.

In general I think that most folks have a sense that these forums are intended for those who are more seriously interested in the craft of knifemaking, and not as much for casual observers or for guys who "just" out and out dig knives. Don't get me wrong...I certainly did not mean that in any derogatory way ...its just that those types are not found over here anywhere near to the same extent as they are in the Blade forums.

I guess said in a more concise way, the general "take" is that the Blade Forums seem like they're designed for guys who dig knives, and these forums are more for guys who make knives. Inherently, that's gonna mean that we're drawing from a smaller universe. But it's a great universe indeed,...with an extraordinary amount of knowledge at its disposal, and a wonderful degree of comraderie. I should add that probably 95% of what I know about custom knifemaking was learned here in these forums.

Maybe it's because I was "weaned" in the CKDF/KnifeNetwork...but I just don't feel the same way when I visit the Blade Forums. I do not exagerate when I say that my joining these forums several years ago, was truly life-altering for me...and I will be forever grateful for the time I've been spent here. These forums have given me far more than I could ever give in return...I consider my being a "regular" here to be quite a privilege.

Dennis Greenbaum

Yeah Baby!