View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 11:56 PM
Skilled

Ronnie if that was originally a white-Tenite handle Solingen, it probably wouldn't have been 3-screw because all the Solingen white-Tenites that have surfaced have been 2-screw. A 3-screw m14 would have been an Orlando blade made before Solingens were available. I kinda doubt more than two or three 3-screw Tenite m14s were made, and maybe none at all, only 3-hole blade blanks. m14s were not formally accepted for military evaluation and thus they would not have to have been constructed as per blue prints.

HOWEVER... prototype m14 blades were also sent to Germany concurrent with the model 15s. These blades most likely had three holes, just like the m15s, and I'll bet the blueprints of the m14 called for 3-screws. It's just that since the military never ordered any for testing, the only 3-screw m14 blades made were maybe 2-3 prototypes, at least one of which was sent to Germany.

But, if that m14 had originally been a white-Tenite handle ... someone made a big mistake putting ivory on it (which by the way is pretty cool in its own right). That blade does not show a lot of re-grind at the shop either, at least at the choll. That right-angle choll is how those blades were made in Germany. Re-grinding at the shop is what gave some of them a more gentle radius. Thanks for showing this knife. I want it.

Last edited by Jacknola; 07-23-2017 at 07:06 PM.