View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
That's what I have always thought is so great about being a knifemaker....there's room for every material, technique, as well as each individual's "visions" for the knives they make. I think that based on your locale, you're right on the money with the type knives you make.

When it comes to equipment, I often have people visit the shop and gasp at the tools and machines they see..... but there isn't much of it that was purchased brand new, and it took me 30 years of "gathering" to get it . Unless a person is independently wealthy, I can't image anyone being able to start from scratch and fully equip a knife shop.

I have to smile whenever anyone says "you have a name"..... it's nice to know that some folks feel that way about me, but I've never considered myself anything more then just Ed. I've seen individuals who got "the big head" about themselves, and that scares the heck outta me. I just have a good time following this knifemaking path, and for the most part enjoy the daylights out of the people I meet along the way. I would have to say that the most satisfying part of knifemaking for me, is being able to see those I've taught along the way exceed my capabilities.... if that happens, then to me, I did my job correctly.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."