Thread: Lapis dagger
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2002, 05:18 PM
Skilled

Hello Tim
This particular dagger came about, because of a phone conversation with Buster Warenski....over a year ago...I asked him if he had seen Harvey McBurnette lately and he said Harvey had died a few years back....Well this hit me hard because Harvey and Glenda were at their first Guild show where I met them and Buster for the first time ..I think it was 1973 or4.....I have been out of touch with my fellow knifemakers for so long and just hadn't heard..... I called Glenda and talked with her for an hour or two and in the conversation she said a lot of harvey's materials were still in the shop and would I like to buy them...
I called mr. Frazier and told him about the materials and he said yes, buy it ...So I went to Eagle Nest New Mexico .....It was a feeling I will never forget ,standing in my fellow Knifemakers shop on a cold winter morning ....There were plastic lunch boxes filled with gold lip pearl , black pearl, Lapis, abalone, Malakite... the Lapis in this dagger was Harvey's and I designed it with him and Glenda in mind..

Last edited by Bob Sigmon; 12-27-2002 at 06:35 PM.