View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 07:35 AM
Guru

Yeh I have never made one I don't know how bob did it but I know a man that makes these but not quite as big like suggested the front guard slides over the blade same thing opisat direction.....however I am sure there are a few ways to go about it and if ray says it can go over the handle I am sure it can be done,

now that I am thinking about this I saw one of these at the show in atlanta last year and it drew my attention because it was just absolutely beautiful and I don't remember the exact number but I think the price tag was somewhere around $5,000 but it had both gold inlay and shell inlays in it very cool looking but ok anyway the guy explained how he did it he was very proud I think he thought he was the first to do it this way personally I don't know but it was a polished brass and what he did was the guard was actually 2 pieces and got pinned on either side just like bolsters however he milled the 2 pieces so it wraped over the top and bottom of the blade so it all looked like 1 piece when done but that's just one way to do it