View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Skilled

Thumbs up

Here is My humble Opinion of what you should be shooting for when you are making a knife.
Please Note ***
I AM IN NO WAY ENDORSING OR NOT SAYING YOU NEED TO JOIN.
THE (ABS = AMERICAN BLADESMITH SOCIETY) However , if you will look at these Videos ( over look the few safety issues the forget to have face shields on a few it shows you what you are trying to achieve when forging a hand made knife and heat treating your own knife . so here you go !

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...03FE3E2EE38327

Look at the 1 st one it shows a bend test and has the rules for the Master Bladesmith Test , the 2 nd one as well shows the same and the 3 rd shows the Journeyman's test Note ALL three test show the Blades are Bent 90 degrees (without Breaking) if the blade breaks during the test YOU FAIL !

Now I know many of you are saying what does this have to do with me as this has Nothing to do with me as "I am Not Joining the ABS and Never will ! " No may not ! However , it is still the Standard in the Knife Community that you are part of and want to Introduce , your Name , Honor and Most of All Reputation as well as eventually sell your Knives.

( P.S. NO this Does Not Mean that Ray Rogers Post is Wrong Either as many knives are put to the "Destructive Test" every day even a ABS Master it is how we Learn what the Steel we compose is doing)

Good Luck Blessings & Best Regards

Edited for Credit to Ray's comment .

Live and Let Live , Do Not trespass on Life or Me! As we are not so kind or forgiving !

Last edited by R. Yates; 02-18-2014 at 09:40 AM.