View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Well, it looks like we're right back where we started from. I had the CT scan on my abdomen this morning, then went to a Doc appt. with a General Surgeon/internal medicine Doctor. He was as ill prepared for my appt. as any Doctor I have ever seen. He did not know that I had a CT scan this morning, and all he did was look at past test results. I finally said "Hey, I just got done with a CT scan, what did that show?" He had no idea that that I had even had the scan!

Cindy and I sat in an exam room for 1 1/2 hours waiting while he went around gathering "information". When he finally came back with the CT results, he said "The Radiologist said that the only thing that showed up on the CT is a possible thickening of the colon wall......OR it could have just been a spasm that happened as the scan was being taken." All he did was look at other Doctors' test results, and based everything on those.

5 months of chasing whatever this is, and no closer to a solution than when it all started, Mean while I'm the one who is in so much pain that I cannot live my day to day life, can't work in my shop, nor even be the husband and dad that I should be.

I called my regular Doctor's office and spoke to the head nurse. I bluntly asked if there was any way that they could send me outside this circle of local Doctors....to someplace larger like Spokane, WA. All I see is this local group of Doctors "feeding off each other", and none of them is willing to step on the others' toes. This Doctor today had no plan of action, and only kept saying that he would have to consult with the other Doctors who have done the tests on me. I'm just about at my end.....another weekend of being in pain, and nothing that can be done until Tuesday.
Sorry for unloading like that gang, but I hurt so badly, and am so frustrated right now that I just don't know what to do.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."