View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 11:18 AM
Guru

IF you make it good as NEW then why not just go buy a NEW knife or better yet start leaning how to make a NEW knife from scatch. That knife has history and character that once removed can never be put back so IF you do change things make sure that's exactly what you want. Personally I would just sharepen it maybe make a new sheath. If the handle are really bad then yes you could replace them with that sorta knife I would go with wood or the same type of material as the original (not sure what it is without the company's knowledge or at least pics). one thing I would not do is clean up the blade and make it new and shiny if it has patina and wear marks and stuff in it...IT SHOULD the knife went through a war and much use after I would think that war and use would have left its mark and as long as its not causing a functional problem I would leave all that. Just remember a new clean and shiny knife can always be made but getting that patina and every mark that comes with it takes years and years to produce