View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 05:10 AM

Mike
Bowie conducts a Hammer-in twice a year just outside of Knoxville that draws a lot of local and out of state knifemakers. Great place to gain some knowledge and make some connectoins. Might check and see when James plans his next one, down in the "Outpost" section here at KNF.
I conduct two Trackrock Hammer-ins a year, one late March and one late Sept. in Blairsville, GA not all that far from Knoxville...same deal on opportunities. I post announcments here and in the Georgia Guild section. The date for the fall event is the last weekend in Sept. Send me a pm if you want particulars or to be placed on the email list.
There are alot of makers in ETN, WNC and NGA, probably multiples in almost all towns. You just have to ask around a bit at woodshops, hardware stores, barbershops, etc.
I knew Bob over in Coker, very talented gentleman. Used to stop and visit on my way out Tellico Plains drop off some fresh trout. My hideout over in Hanging Dog is not all that far from Coker (as the crow flies), just don't get over that way often anymore.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H