View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 12:35 PM
Skilled

Here is a Scaleless Astro that Tom Dehart offered me a number of years ago. No idea where this one is today.

Here's his email to me about the Astro:

Sam, good to hear from you and yes, I told Rhett I have a #17 that I might part with. I am enclosing some pictures but will try to tell you a little bit about it. It is a carbon blade with a stainless double guard and came from the Shop with no scales as pictured in the old RMK catalog. I purchased it from the ordering dealer probably 35 years ago and it has been sitting in my safe since then. The blade is etched (not stamped) with the RMK logo and "1965". The sheath is a Johnson Rough Back, riveted, with yellow/gold paracord and a white "SP13" hone. I'm told that this cord was used in the early '70's so I don't know if the cord is original to the sheath or the sheath is original to the knife but it is what the dealer supplied with it so I assume it came this way from the Shop unless the dealer got them mixed up 40+ years ago; they all look like they belong with each other. The other Astro in the pictures is a later model and the sheath is signed by two Mercury Astronauts "Deke" Slayton (died 1993) and Alan Shepard, Jr. (died 1998). The later one is not for sale at this time. I want $5,800.00 for the older one. Please let me know should you have any interest. Tom DeHart, Houston, RKS #021

stros-013

stros-014

stros-016

stros-015-1

stros-006

stros-011-1

stros-010