View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 05:32 PM
Skilled

For those interested, the editor of this award winning news letter is Dr. (ret) Lonny Holmes. He served 44 months in SE Asia, Vietnam and Thailand, in Special Forces as a SF medic, in combat with the MIKE force, on A-teams, etc. When he got out of the service, he went to Yale Medical School and became one of S. California's leading heart surgeons. He is retired from medicine but collects everything from duck stamps to pistols and is a recognized authority on SF history. He may be attending a special event in the White House later this year.

In addition to diverse wide ranging intellectual interests, Lonny has become an authority on flora and fauna, especially lichens, of the upper Nevada desert. He currently has about five RMKs.

Here is a picture of Lonny Holmes (rt) and me in 1968 in Vietnam. This was taken after he forcible hospitalized me for malaria when I visited the B-Team in Kontum en route to a new assignment to the SF A-team at Ben Het. The picture was taken when he finally let me out of the hospital in Kontum, Vietnam, so I could return to my A-team.