Thread: Photo Content
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Steel Addict

Photo Content

Well I followed the tutorial for the cheap light box as best as I could with the supplies I could get. I have a small compact digital camera (Kodak 7.2 mega pixels - M763) and a small desktop tripod. As a hobbyist knifemaker I can't afford big budgets so the light box was great. It has improved my pictures no end.

The problem is I am not happy with the content of the photos. I have tried photographing just the knife and sheath but I want something else in the photographs. I have used a couple of stones to help and pose the knife in these photos.

I am happy with the quality of the photos in general but I have trouble composing the picture if you know what I mean. I suppose I will develop my own style in time but I still feel like I am doing something wrong. I know I have to do something about reflections and I am getting some white card for that. I am going to keep my eyes open for bits I can put into the picture. I guess it's my lack of experience.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Gold is for the mistress - silver for the maid - Copper for the craftsman cunning in his trade. "Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall But iron - cold iron is master of them all. Rudyard Kipling (1865 - 1936)